Work at CCDH
The Center for Countering Digital Hate is a growing organization with offices in Washington DC and London. What makes us different is that we use cutting-edge research to counter the spread of digital hate and misinformation that has real, offline consequences.
Our teams work collaboratively and creatively across a range of different topic areas, from the anti-vaxx movement to virtual reality. We value integrity, tenacity and people who want to make a social impact with their work. To promote this ethos, we invest in our staff:
- Flexible working, with the option to work from our office in London
- Individual staff training budgets to improve their skills
- Lots of opportunities for career development and learning
We want to hear from applicants from all backgrounds, and especially welcome applications from people of color, the LGBTQIA+ community, women, and people with disabilities. We’re committed to a belief that the more our work is created by people from a variety of backgrounds, and with a range of life experiences, the better it will be.
We are currently hiring for the following roles – you can use the button below to apply:
There is currently one vacancy:
Human Resources Manager (UK)
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Salary: £35,000.00. Part-time applicants welcomed.
Reporting to: Chief of Staff
Contract Status: Permanent
Annual Leave: 28 days per annum + Bank Holidays
Education: BA/BS in Human Resources, Management, Non-profit management, or related field.
The Center for Countering Digital Hate is seeking an ambitious early-mid career Human Resources professional to lead employee relations; hiring and retention; diversity, equity and inclusion measures; and building an effective, welcoming and inclusive culture at CCDH.
CCDH is a growing organization with international reach. This individual should have the ability to identify and define best organizational practices, methods, and source positive development ideas from our top-tier UK and US boards members, employees, and partners, implementing best practices in a live setting. This role suits a confident, assertive and energetic self-starter with strong interpersonal skills that can manage up and provide guidance to the Leadership Team and others on HR issues and organizational best practices.
The interview process will include tasks such as CV assessment, discussion of how to practically implement 360 degree feedback system in a growing organization, and implementing DEI frameworks across both interpersonal relations within the organization and in our research processes.
- Facilitate hiring, including recruiting, writing role descriptions, and working with hiring managers on selection of candidates according to operational projections and objectives.
- Lead on designing a comprehensive employee onboarding, development, and training package.
- Generate internal documents including but not limited to offer letters,
- Maintain policies and procedures for hiring, training, compensation, benefits, and personnel information.
- Communicate human resources initiatives, company changes and deadlines to staff.
- Approve and evaluate PTO and out-of-office requests.
- Ensure policies for employee safety and wellness are in place, evaluate uptake of initiatives for wellbeing, and proactively find solutions for improving employee relations and welfare.
- Prioritize diversity and inclusion efforts, organize training for management and staff on DEI initiatives.
- Collaborating with contractors and consultants, filing agreements and financials with external partners and vendors, and liaising with the CEO office suite in compliance for the US entity of CCDH.
- Involvement and coordination of the disciplinary process for employees.
- Institute a progressive framework for feeding back staff sentiment to the Leadership Team and ensuring there is 360-degree visibility of effectiveness
- Create a comprehensive internal career growth plan for staff to gauge growth and development opportunities within the organization
- Ensure lived experience is recognised and valued in all CCDH work.
- Work with Chief of Staff to help design systems and processes that allow the COS to feed back ideas on priorities, tactics and strategies from all points in the organization to Leadership Team and that all staff feel connected to organizational goals and priorities.
- Gather learnings on HR and training initiatives, building programs and future opportunities for learning for leadership and junior staff.
- At least 3+ years of experience in human resources, compliance, people operations or office management.
- Preferred previous experience in an administrative, nonprofit, NGO, campaign or government entity.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to practice discretion and build consensus among colleagues.
- Understanding of current DEI initiatives; proven commitment to creating a safe and inclusive workspace.
- Demonstrated ability in designing HR and DEI policies in organizations.
- Experience and proficiency in project management, people leadership, and aligning company objectives with HR initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to adhere to tight deadlines, strong leadership skills, swift and accurate decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to meaningfully engage with and message issues related to CCDH’s core values and issue-areas, including tech accountability, antisemitism, reproductive rights, identity-based hate, and countering misinformation, among others.
CCDH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and ethnicity. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.